About Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
The Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) to provide skills training to youth across the country. Decision in this regard was taken in the Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
1. The PMKVY Scheme will be implemented by the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
2. It will provide skills training to youth, including class 10 and 12 drop outs and aims to cover about 24 lakh people.
3. The target for skilling under the scheme will be associated with Union Government’s flagship programmers such as Make in India, Digital India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and National Solar Mission.
4. The skill training will involve soft skills, good work ethics, personal grooming, behavioral change for cleanliness etc.
5. Inspection of training under PMKVY will be done by Sector Skill Councils and the receptive State Governments.
6. The skill training will be undertaken on the basis of demand assessed on the basis of skill gap studies conducted by the NSDC for the period 2013-17.
8. FUND Allocation- The scheme will be implemented with an outlay of 1, 500 crore rupees.
Of the total 1,500 crore rupees, about 1,120 crore rupees will be spent on skill training of 14 lakh youth.
About “PMKVY” Training Center
PMKVY Training Center Registration Fee shall be non-refundable. Monitoring Team can monitor your training center activity through surprise visit, call validation, management system data and check report online submitted by training center. Every PMKVY Training Center will get grade 1 to 5 start grade . Star grade depend on which score have you got.
Percentage of Scores Grade
85-100 % 5 Star
70- 84 % 4 Star
55 -69 % 3 Star
40 -54 % 2 Star
Below 40 % 1 Star
These standards will be scored out of 100 marks
1.Availability of separate washroom facility for male and female trainees